Graduate with a professional IFA Diploma
Build your financial career with a CUC online degree and IFA membership
Know all about IFA and want to see our BA Management and Professional Accounting course? Click here.
As a recognised provider of IFA Diplomas, Coventry University College offers associate membership to the Institute of Financial Accountants for all BA Management and Professional Accounting students who successfully complete their necessary modules.
The work students complete on this BA degree will also be submitted to the IFA for evaluation and those successful students will receive a level 4/5 IFA diploma at no extra cost and without having to undertake any work that is not already included in the BA programme.
The benefits of IFA membership
The Institute of Financial Accountants is an incredible resource for existing and aspiring managers across the UK and EU. With the affiliate membership you could gain from CUC Online you could benefit from:
- IFA bi-monthly magazine, “Financial Accountant” for FREE (normal charge for non-members is £60 per annum)
- Receive monthly updates from the IFA on technical, accounting, finance and taxation issues from the IFA for FREE
- Access to branches across the UK, where multiple meetings are held per annum. Attendance is FREE. These meetings allow you to network and engage with accountants, offering you an opportunity to promote yourself to potential employers
- Access to the IFA Midlands conference and workshops at reduced rates (currently at a 50% discount)
- Upon successful completion of the full Management & Professional Accounting degree, graduates would be eligible to apply for full membership of the Institute of Financial Accountants, as Associate Financial Accountants (AFA)*
- Successful completion of the full degree course grants the graduate use of designatory letters AFA
Please note * = reduced first year membership fee of £75 compared to £195. A student would still have to pay the application fee of £160 and exemption fee of £150.
The IFA provides members with all the necessary tools to operate successfully as financial accountants. A full membership overview from IFA can be found here.
The benefits of an IFA Level 4 Diploma for SME Financial Accountants/Level 5 Diploma for SME Financial Managers
The organisational requirements for the finance function, management information and the control environment are fully covered and will gain a full understanding and application of all aspects of managing the finance function for an SME. The qualification provides a full induction as to what is expected of a professional accountant at work. From the IFA website, the diploma is described as follows:
The IFA Level 5 Diploma for SME financial managers is for you if you aspire to or already work in a financial management role in a small or medium sized enterprise (SME). It is also for you if you work in an accounting practice that supports SME clients.
For more details, see our BA Management and Professional Accounting course. You can also discuss the degree programme and its benefits with a member of our friendly recruitment team by filling out the online enquiry form.