08081 789 636 Charges apply for international calls
Request more info
Request FREE information
on our courses and admissions
Prepare to thrive as an effective leader.
Learn the critical business, marketing and management skills necessary to be an effective and dynamic leader at a mid-to-large organisation when you enrol in this 240-credit Management and Leadership online diploma programme at CUC Online.
Modules within this online programme include units based on the CMI Diploma in Management and Leadership, the CII Project Management Foundation Certificate, and the Association for Project Management (APM) Introductory certificate syllabus.
Master the most sought-after management skills.
- How to design, monitor and manage the delivery of goods and services;
- Psychological and sociological concepts in management and how to use them to best manage individuals and teams;
- How to use financial information as a leadership and management tool for monitoring and managing individual and organisational performance;
- Advanced study of management and leadership, with the opportunity for self-reflection and the development of a professional development plan;
- Complex leadership topics concerning diversity, ethics and change.
Upon successful completion of this online Management and Leadership programme, you will receive a Higher National diploma and will have the opportunity to gain professional qualifications. You can also top up by transferring these credits to a bachelor’s degree programme, such as our online Management and Leadership BA.
Gain a competitive edge. Apply now.
Request more information via the contact form on this page. You will then be put in contact with a Recruitment Advisor who will answer any questions you may have and assist you in the application process.
What will I learn?
- Operational management;
- Leading and managing people;
- Change and project leadership;
- Finance in management and leadership.
On successful completion of the programme you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Markets – you will start to develop a full appreciation of the nature of any form of business to understand the reality of organisational life. The modules at this level will use both psychological and sociological approaches to enable you to understand key concepts in management and organisational behaviour and their application in the context of the business environment.
- Finance – at this level modules will focus on the use of financial information as a leadership and management tool for monitoring and managing individual and organisational performance.
- People – at this level modules will offer a more critical study of management and leadership, with the opportunity for self-reflection and the development of a professional development plan. It will also consider more complex leadership and management issues such as diversity, ethics and change. Modules will also consider the theories related to effective project management.
- Operations – at this level the modules will cover three main topics: the design of the product/service; the control of the product/service; and improving how the product/service is delivered.
- Information development – at this level the modules will help you to develop an understanding of the characteristics of information management and information systems, to provide effective services.
How will this course be taught?
Online courses are designed to maximise the capabilities of today’s technologies in order to engage the full learning potential of each student. Tutors interact with you asynchronously (not in real time) using a robust virtual learning environment.
Module content incorporates online lectures, simulations, videos, audio, interactive animations, discussion boards, and in some cases, scheduled live classroom sessions. Through the web interface, you will be able to submit regular assignments and assessments, including homework, projects, tests and papers.
The convenient, flexible format allows you to study wherever there is access to the internet. The online classroom consists of a community of students, organised into small groups to form virtual classrooms. Expert tutors are available to answer questions about subject material, coordinate class discussions, assist with assignments, and provide personalised support
How will I be assessed?
At Coventry University College there are no traditional end of year examinations to worry about. Instead, we’ll assess your learning through course work and phase tests.
For each level (4 modules) of this programme, you will be required to sit a phase test under examination conditions which will take place at an approved centre near to your location. You will be required to make yourself available on a specific date and time for the phase test, this is usually on either the third or the final Friday of the study period, but the exact date and time will be confirmed to you as you start your module.
All applicants will require:
- 200 UCAS tariff points and 5 GCSE’s at A-C including Maths and English or equivalent.
International Students will additionally require:
- English Language competence by completing a successful ‘Secure English Language Test’ or SELT. You can find a list of the Home Office’s approved SELT’s here.
You need a pass in the Access to Higher Education Diploma, plus GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade
A*–C, or specified equivalents.
If you do not fulfil the above entry criteria, you will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account your work experience, other qualifications and any training you have completed. Please contact our Recruitment Advisors for further information.
Fees and funding
The fees for this online course are paid on a modular basis. For self-funding or sponsored students this would take place at the point of enrolment for each module.
If UK/EU students are accessing a Student Loan, this will be drawn down at the start of each module and paid by Student Finance England.
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £1,461.50 for a UK/EU student.
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £2,121.75 for an international student.
Where a student is self-funded or sponsor-funded, fees must be paid online prior to the commencement of each block of study.
As a full-time or part-time student resident in the UK or EU, you can apply for a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees at Coventry University College from Student Finance England.
For more information regarding the fees and the funding options available call our Recruitment Advisors on freephone 08081 789636.
How to apply
Complete the contact form on this page or call our dedicated Recruitment Advisors at 08081789636 and they will assist you in making your application.
One of our Recruitment Advisors will advise you about the degree that best meets your requirements, assess your suitability and help you prepare your application.
We will work together to:
• Complete an online application form
• Provide documents (for example, identification, certificates, employers letters of support etc.)
Your application will then be passed to an academic team to be assessed, and a decision made.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
On successful completion of your HND qualification you have the option to progress your studies to degree level in Management and Leadership at Coventry University College to improve your employability, and pursue a variety of jobs in management.
Coventry University College online is committed to preparing you for your future career and giving you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. The College provides a range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your career.
Professional body accreditation
Modules within the programme include units based on the CMI Diploma in Management and Leadership and the CII Project Management Foundation Certificate, so that you will have the opportunity to secure these professional qualifications.
One module in the HND award will also cover the Association for Project Management (APM) Introductory certificate syllabus and it will be at the discretion of the student as to whether they wish to pursue this additional qualification. This is however not a condition of academic credit as assessments for the professional qualification will be independent from those undertaken for the academic award.