08081 789 636 Charges apply for international calls
Request more info
Request FREE information
on our courses and admissions
Take the first step in team leadership.
Learn the foundational management skills today’s professionals need to lead individuals and teams, and prepare for industry recognised credentials when you enrol in this 120-credit online Management and Leadership Higher National Certificate programme. Modules within this online programme are validated by Coventry University and include units based on the CMI Certificate in Management and Leadership.
Master the most sought-after management skills.
- Key concepts in management and organisational behaviour, and their application in the context of the business environment;
- How to develop appropriate policies and strategies that meet stakeholder interest within a changing environment;
- The sources, uses and management of finance; accounting and other information systems;
- Concepts of formal and informal leadership, power and authority, and leadership effectiveness;
- Critical theories of communication;
- How to manage human and operational resources;
- The characteristics of information management and information systems.
Upon successful completion of this online management programme, you will receive a Management and Leadership HNC and have the opportunity to gain additional professional qualifications. You can also top up by transferring these credits to programmes such as our online Management and Leadership HND and Management and Leadership BA.
Gain a competitive edge. Learn more now.
Request more information via the contact form on this page. You will then be put in contact with a Recruitment Advisor who will answer any questions you may have and assist you in the application process.
What will I learn?
- Leadership concepts;
- The organisational environment;
- Information management and decision making;
- Communication skills.
On successful completion of the programme you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Markets – You will use both psychological and sociological approaches to understand key concepts in management and organisational behaviour, and their application in the context of the business environment.
- Business policy and strategy – the development of appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests.
- Finance – the sources, uses and management of finance, the use of accounting and other information systems for managerial applications.
- People – you will identify and explain the differences between leading and managing, team leadership and organisational leadership. You will seek to define the concepts of formal and informal leadership, power and authority, and leadership effectiveness as well as listing key team and organisational leadership skills. Modules will also cover the critical theories of communication and its role in managing people.
- Operations – the management of resources and operations.
- Information management – you will examine the characteristics of information management and information systems, to provide effective services.
How will this course be taught?
Online courses are designed to maximise the capabilities of today’s technologies in order to engage the full learning potential of each student. Tutors interact with you asynchronously (not in real time) using a robust virtual learning environment.
Module content incorporates online lectures, simulations, videos, audio, interactive animations, discussion boards, and in some cases, scheduled live classroom sessions. Through the web interface, you will be able to submit regular assignments and assessments, including homework, projects, tests and papers.
The convenient, flexible format allows you to study wherever there is access to the internet. The online classroom consists of a community of students, organised into small groups to form virtual classrooms. Expert tutors are available to answer questions about subject material, coordinate class discussions, assist with assignments, and provide personalised support.
How will I be assessed?
At Coventry University College there are no traditional end of year examinations to worry about. Instead, we’ll assess your learning through course work and phase tests.
For each level (4 modules) of this programme, you will be required to sit a phase test under examination conditions which will take place at an approved centre near to your location. You will be required to make yourself available on a specific date and time for the phase test, this is usually on either the third or the final Friday of the study period, but the exact date and time will be confirmed to you as you start your module.
All applicants will require:
• 160 UCAS tariff points and 5 GCSE’s at A-C including Maths and English or equivalent.
International Students will additionally require:
• English Language competence by completing a successful ‘Secure English Language Test’ or SELT. You can find a list of the Home Office’s approved SELT’s here.
You need a pass in the Access to Higher Education Diploma, plus GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade A*–C, or specified equivalents.
If you do not fulfil the above entry criteria, you will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account your work experience, other qualifications and any training you have completed. Please contact our Recruitment Advisors for further information.
Fees and funding
The fees for this online course are paid on a modular basis. For self-funding or sponsored students this would take place at the point of enrolment for each module.
If UK/EU students are accessing a Student Loan, this will be drawn down at the start of each module and paid by Student Finance England.
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £1,461.50 for a UK/EU student.
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £2,121.75 for an international student.
Where a student is self-funded or sponsor-funded, fees must be paid online prior to the commencement of each block of study.
As a full-time or part-time student resident in the UK or EU, you can apply for a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees at Coventry University College from Student Finance England.
For more information regarding the fees and the funding options available call our Recruitment Advisors on freephone 08081 789636.
How to apply
Complete the contact form on this page or call our dedicated Recruitment Advisors at 08081789636 and they will assist you in making your application.
One of our Recruitment Advisors will advise you about the degree that best meets your requirements, assess your suitability and help you prepare your application.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
Successfully completing your HNC qualification acts as a spring board to studying towards the HND and BA (Hons) Degree in management and Leadership within Coventry University College. It should also prepare you for a career in management and you could pursue a variety of jobs within the public or private sector.
Coventry University College online is committed to preparing you for your future career and giving you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. The College provides a range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your career.
Professional body qualifications
Modules within the programme include units based on the CMI Certificate in Management and Leadership, so that you will have the opportunity to secure this professional qualification.
This is however not a condition of academic credit as assessments for the professional qualification will be independent from those undertaken for the academic award.