08081 789 636 Charges apply for international calls
Request more info
Request FREE information
on our courses and admissions
Why choose to earn your UK bachelor’s degree online at Coventry University College Online? The answer is simple. We provide a respected, Coventry University-validated leadership and management education with a proven success record.
Master the most sought-after management skills.
As a student of this online bachelor’s degree programme, you will learn a broad spectrum of academic theory and vocational skills – from how to lead people and change, to key concepts in marketing and finance. More specifically:
- The development and operation of markets for resources, goods and services, customer expectations, service and orientation;
- The development of appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests;
- The sources, uses and management of finance, the use of accounting and other information systems for managerial applications;
- The management and development of people within organisations;
- The design of the product/service; the control of the product/service; and improving how the product/service is delivered;
- The development, management and exploitation of information systems and their impact upon organisations.
Modules within this course include units based on the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Certificate in Management and Leadership and the CMI Diploma in Management and Leadership. Enrolled students will be granted CMI membership and will have the opportunity to earn a CMI level 5 diploma in Management and Leadership at no extra work or cost (see Professional Body Qualifications below for details). Read more about CMI here.
Gain a competitive edge. Learn more now.
Request more information via the contact form on this page. You will then be put in contact with a Recruitment Advisor who will answer any questions you may have and assist you in the application process. Alternatively, fill out our online enquiry form to receive more information.
What will I learn?
• Leadership concepts;
• The organisational environment;
• Information management and decision making;
• Communication skills;
• Operations and project management;
• Leading and managing people;
• Change and project leadership;
• Finance in management and leadership;
• Organisational development and Strategic leadership;
• Business projects.
On successful completion of the course you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
• Markets – you will look at the development and operation of markets for resources, goods and services, customer expectations, service and orientation. You will also cover the wider environment within which businesses operate. In the final modules, you will critically engage with the theories and concepts of marketing including the contribution of marketing at a strategic level to the organisation’s aims and objectives.
• Business policy and strategy – you will study the development of appropriate policies and strategies
within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests. The programme also covers how management and organisations are viewed in an environmental context rather than as isolated activities in a self supporting system.
• Finance – you will study the sources, uses and management of finance, the use of accounting and other information systems for managerial applications. There will be a focus on the use of financial information as a leadership and management tool for monitoring and managing individual and organisational performance.
• People – you will study the management and development of people within organisations, seeking to define the concepts of formal and informal leadership, power and authority, and leadership effectiveness as well as listing key team and organisational leadership skills.
• Operations – you will look at the management of resources and operations covering three main topics: the design of the product/service; the control of the product/service; and improving how the product/service is delivered. The final module of the programme is an opportunity for you to undertake a project, through which you will implement the theories of resource and operational management you have covered in previous modules.
• Information management – you will look at the development, management and exploitation of information systems and their impact upon organisations. You will also look at communication and information technology, including the comprehension and use of relevant communication and information technologies for application in business and management.
How will this course be taught?
Online courses are designed to maximise the capabilities of today’s technologies in order to engage the full learning potential of each student. Tutors interact with students asynchronously (not in real time) using a robust virtual learning environment.
Module content incorporates online lectures, simulations, videos, audio, interactive animations, discussion boards, and in some cases, scheduled live classroom sessions. Through the web interface, you will be able to submit regular assignments and assessments, including homework, projects, tests and papers.
The convenient, flexible format allows you to study wherever there is access to the internet. The online classroom consists of a community of students, organised into small groups to form virtual classrooms. Expert tutors are available to answer questions about subject material, coordinate class discussions, assist with assignments, and provide personalised support.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?
Being qualified at degree level should enhance your employment options, as well as the potential for a decent starting salary or career progression. Available jobs will depend on the business area in which you want to work, but the types of positions you might consider include management roles in any organisation with a particular focus on leadership.
Coventry University College is committed to preparing you for your future career and giving you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. The College provides a range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your career.
How will I be assessed?
At Coventry University College there are no traditional end of year examinations to worry about. Instead, we’ll assess your learning through course work and phase tests. Assessments take place during and at the end of each six week block.
For each level of this programme, you will be required to sit a phase test under examination conditions which will take place at an approved centre near to your location. You will be required to make yourself available on a specific date and time for the phase test, this is usually on either the third or the final Friday of the study period, but the exact date and time will be confirmed to you as you start your module.
Tutors can provide support through regular updates and online tutorials.
Professional body accreditation
Modules within the course are submitted to the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) in order for them to be assessed to achieve a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership (QCF). Upon successful completion of the necessary elements, successful students will receive this award at no extra cost. The terms, conditions and included elements are as follows:
- Registration with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – worth £168.75*
- Once registered, you will become an “associate member” of CMI and have access to all their additional CMI resources. Students registered with CMI will become members of the CMI for a minimum of 1 year, or for the duration of their studies with CUC, whichever is longer
- Upon successful completion of the full CUC Online degree programme, you will also be eligible to be awarded the CMI level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership at no additional work or cost (subject to moderation by CMI of coursework submitted to CUC)**
- Direct entry CUC students (into Years 2 or 3) will also be eligible for the CMI level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership once they successfully complete the BA Management and Leadership course at CUC (subject to moderation by CMI of coursework submitted to CUC).
* The registration fee is correct for academic year 2015/16 – this may increase each year
** Successful students with CMI. CMI will complete a moderation of submitted work, prior to issuing the Diploma. There is no requirement for qualifying CUC degree students to submit additional assignments to CMI.
All applicants will require:
• 260 UCAS tariff points and 5 GCSE’s at A-C including Maths and English or equivalent.
International Students will additionally require:
• English Language competence by completing a successful ‘Secure English Language Test’ or SELT. You can find a list of the Home Office’s approved SELT’s here.
You need a pass in the Access to Higher Education Diploma, plus GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade A*–C, or specified equivalents.
If you do not fulfil the above entry criteria, you will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account your work experience, other qualifications and any training you have completed. Please contact our Recruitment Advisors for further information.
Teaching contact hours
This online course offers flexibility to structure study around your personal and/or work commitments.
Though curriculum requirements must be completed within an established period, you determine the hours that are best for studying. Hours of study per week are individualised for every student, based upon their pace of study. Typically this would be 12 hours of weekly guided study, which consists of online materials such as assigned text reading, interactive discussions boards, video study and optional live classroom sessions. The remaining required hours would be self-guided and would consist of assignments, assessments and other project work.
Online module materials are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any location with internet access.
Fees and funding
The fees for this online course are paid on a modular basis. For self-funding or sponsored students this would take place at the point of enrolment for each module.
If UK/EU students are accessing a Student Loan, this will be drawn down at the start of each module and paid by Student Finance England.
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £1,461.50 for a UK/EU student.
For the academic year 2016/17 each six week module block will cost £2,121.75 for an international student.
Where a student is self-funded or sponsor-funded, fees must be paid online prior to the commencement of each block of study.
As a full-time or part-time student resident in the UK or EU, you can apply for a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees at Coventry University College from Student Finance England.
For more information regarding the fees and the funding options available call our Recruitment Advisors on freephone 08081 789636.
How to apply
Complete the contact form on this page or call our dedicated Recruitment Advisors at 08081789636 and they will assist you in making your application.
One of our Recruitment Advisors will advise you about the degree that best meets your requirements, assess your suitability and help you prepare your application.
We will work together to:
• Complete an online application form
• Provide documents (for example, identification, certificates, employers letters of support etc.)
Your application will then be passed to an academic team to be assessed, and a decision made.
How long does it take to complete the course?
To achieve a BA (Hons) qualification, you must study and complete 12 modules. Each module is a six-week teaching block and is worth 30 credits.
If studying full-time, the course will take 3 years to complete. There is a fast track option available after a testing period of successful study, which could allow you to finish the degree in 2 and a half years. Part-time students will complete the course in around 6 years, but will benefit from a much more relaxed pace of study. Contact our recruitment advisors on 08081 789 636 to discuss your options further.